Athletic Director Jim Obermann
No snow, but it is starting to feel like winter sports are just around the corner...the following are a few schedule points of interest:
1) The volleyball potluck and awards night will be Monday, Nov. 11 at 6:00 p.m. in the high school student center.
2) The cross country potluck and awards night will be Monday, Nov. 11 at 6:00 p.m. in the jr. high student center.
3) The football awards night will be Tuesday, Nov. 19 at 6:00 p.m. in the high school student center.
(thanks to the All-Sports Booster Club for providing the drinks and snacks for these events!)
4) The location for the 7th grade girls basketball games on Tuesday, Nov. 12 have been changed to be at Waverly. Both the 7th and 8th grades will play at the same time (4:15 p.m.) in the WSR jr. high as they have two gyms in this facility. The change is due to a schedule conflict at Waverly. There will be A & B games for both grades.
5) Meet-the-Team Night for the winter sports will be Friday, Nov. 22 starting at approximately 5:30 p.m. All are welcomed to attend and get a sneak peak at the teams. Wrestlers will be introduced, and the basketball teams will have intrasquad scrimmages. The All-Sports Boosters will be providing pop and popcorn.
Crestwood High School has been selected to host sectional wrestling! A 2A sectional wrestling meet will be hosted by Crestwood on Feb. 8. To make this possible, the boys basketball games scheduled at home that day will be played at North Fayette. Thanks for the cooperation of all involved to make this possible.
Cheer Comp. Squad places 2nd at state competition! Last weekend at the state cheer competition in Des Moines, the Crestwood squad placed 2nd in their class and division. Great job girls!!
Changing of the guard at the All-Sports Boosters Monthly Meeting. At this month's meeting of the All-Sports Boosters, Phil Henry was elected as the new president. Thanks to Holly and Ryan Manske for their role as co-presidents this past year and to the other members going off the board. The new vice-president is Kristie Curtis, and the new treasurer is Andy Ludeking. Tammy Harvey will remain as secretary for another year. Outgoing members who deserve a big "thank you" are Karen Westeby-Jones and Jenn and Scott Wiley. I apologize if I have forgotten to mention others who have played a key role in this very successful community group.
Seniors in all-star meet. Seniors Kate Sheehy and Caleb Ruppert have been selected to run in the annual senior all-star cross country meet this weekend in Ankeny. Both seniors have been integral parts of their varsity cross country teams for four years. Seniors are selected on criteria based on times and accomplishments over their senior seasons. Good Luck to Kate and Caleb!!
I look forward to seeing many of you at upcoming sporting events!!