Superintendent John Carver
Twitter: johnccarverSKYPE: johnccarver
Empowering Students: 21st century learning
Deep learning occurs when kids are empowered and have a voice in what they are learning. Connecting learning to student passions and interests take learning to an even deeper level. Twenty-first century learning is not about memorizing facts and figures but is about accessing information, using imagination and creating new knowledge. In the photographs, from left to right, you see two students working together (age doesn't matter), 2nd grade students using the Keynote App to share their inquirer projects, and students so enthralled with reading they are oblivious to everything around them. What you do not see is students sitting in rows and an adult directing the learning. What you do see are smiles and the excitement of learning. This is what we are moving toward at Howard-Winn.
Should there be a school delay due to weather, a good faith effort will be made to "make the call" prior to 6:00 a.m. To get the latest and most up-to-date information:
Twitter: follow #2020HowardWinn #CadetNation (quickest)
Iowa Alerts: You can sign up at https://schoolalerts.iowa.gov/ to have an e-mail sent to your cell phone
Local TV and Radio Stations
Twitter is the quickest, Facebook will be fast. Iowa Alerts, TV and Radio may have a time-delay of up to 10 minutes.
Some of the LOGO suggestions..........Last Call!
- Good luck to the cast and crew of the fall production of "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" Break a leg!
- Excitement is building for the winter sports season. Cadet Basketball will "tip-off" soon and the Wrestling is strong and ready to go! #CadetNation marches on!
- A BIG shout out to our Cooks! We know and appreciate all you do to feed us! Your efforts are truly valued.
- TEACHERS, pause and look back at the distance we have covered changing teaching and learning. From August to now, it is impressive. Howard-Winn teachers are ROCK STARS! Keep moving forward!
- Tell the #2020HowardWinn story! Tell the world what is going on in your classroom! Love the Tweets from @ToddKnobloch @Artteach13 @Elma451 @6rSorenson @Kerian3B @kcarter_kevin @ReisBraunum @Mrsbohr @KTuchek @kknobloch @KeriSchatz @TeamAdams @mrsday75 @kkerian @HeatherSuckow and others! Continue to connect and share globally! Cadets: FORWARD