- As the temps have dipped below zero, action is really heating up in the Crestwood gym as all high school teams will have competed at home by Saturday. Tonight (Friday) the wrestlers host a quad with Nashua-Plainfield, Turkey Valley, and Northwood-Kensett. Action starts at 6:00 p.m. with all teams competing. It will be an exciting night as it will be the inaugural use of the new wrestling mats. Come and check out all the hold-by-hold action!!!
- The basketball boys will have their home opener tomorrow (Saturday) when they host Sumner-Fredericksburg. The 9th grade game begins at 3:00 p.m., followed by the JV and Varsity.
- After having their home opener last night against a tough WSR team, the JV and Varsity girls will travel to South Winn. on Saturday night. The JV game will begin at 5:00 p.m. in Calmar.
- The 9th grade girls have a tournament in Preston, Minn. tomorrow morning as well.
- The Competition Cheer Squad is also competing this weekend in Des Moines and we wish them the best of luck as well!
Practice space is tight...
- Gym space for practices have also become a premium as all teams, jr. high and high school, are sharing facilities. To accommodate all teams, some practices have been in the morning and some teams have been bussed to Lime Springs for practice after school. We are trying to lessen the number of morning practices and practices out of town and may have some solutions in the coming weeks. We ask for your patience and cooperation as we try to do the best for all of the kids and teams. We are very appreciative of all of the help we receive from the fitness center, and we thank the parents for the sacrifices they make to get their kids to practices.
Concessions at jr. high events...
- We believe there is a need for concessions at jr. high events, and in the next few weeks, we should be able to offer concessions at jr. high sporting events. The cross country teams and coaches will be organizing and setting this up, hopefully soon...
Our gyms are cozy and warm and our teams are very competitive...hope to see many of you in the coming weeks at many events!