Athletic Director Jim Obermann
Winter weather causing havoc to schedules...Cancellations and postponements have been the theme the last two weeks. Following are some recent changes since the last update. Let's hope for better weather soon...
1) Jan. 7 games at Waukon will be made up on Jan. 25 with the 9th game starting at 3:00.
2) Jan. 10 games vs. Decorah will be made up on Feb. 1 with the 9th game starting at 5:00. (These girls games will follow the boys games vs. Prairie Du Chien.)
3) Jan. 14 games at New Hampton will be made up on Jan. 30 with the 9th game starting at 5:00.
1) Jan. 7 games vs. Waukon will be made up on Feb. 17 with the 9th game starting at 5:00.
2) Jan. 10 games at Decorah (JV & Varsity only) will be made up on Jan. 23 with a 4:45 start on the JV.
3) Jan. 14 games vs. New Hampton will be made up on Jan. 30 with the 9th game starting at 5:00.
*We have added a 9th girl/boy doubleheader at Decorah on Jan. 27 starting at 6:00 on the girls game.
1) The meet vs. WSR and Charles City from Jan. 16 has been cancelled. The dual vs. WSR at the Waterloo Duals earlier this season will count as our conference dual in the conference dual standings.
Jr. High Boys Basketball:
1) Jr. High games vs. WSR will be made up on Monday, Jan. 20.
Jr. High Wrestling:
1) The meet from Tuesday, Jan. 14 has been cancelled.
2) We have added another meet at Riceville on Thursday, Jan. 23.
**Please continue to check the school website and the northeastiaconference.org site for updates
Our Philosophy on Postponements, Cancellations, and Rescheduling of Activities...
When we decide to postpone events, it is for the safety of all involved. We try to reschedule all events but sometimes the schedule doesn't allow us to do so. We want to give our student-athletes every opportunity to compete, but we don't want to jeopardize their safety or health.