Athletic Director Jim Obermann
We are proud of our Cadets!!!!!!!! I am composing this post as we are venturing back from the girls state basketball tournament. Our girls were just defeated by a very talented Unity Christian team, but our girls put forth an outstanding effort. It was an extremely hard fought game, which was tied during the 3rd quarter....more later....First a wrap-up of the week...
- Crestwood boys basketball - On Monday, the boys tangled with Waverly-Shell Rock for the 3rd time this season for the right to go to state. Again, it was a hard-fought close game. WSR pulled away late in the 4th quarter to secure the win. The boys closed out the year with a 15-8 record, and I commend the coaches and players on a great year. As always, the Cadet boys were a fun team to watch, and the seniors will be greatly missed.
- Congratulations to the following All-Conference selections: 1st Team - Will Thomson and Tristan Bohr, 2nd Team - Spencer Bohr, and Honorable Mention - Matthew Cuvelier.
- The boys basketball banquet will be Tuesday, March 18 - 6:00 start - Thanks to the Booster Club for providing meat & cheese trays, sweets, and drinks.
- Crestwood girls basketball - To reach the semi-final game today, the girls first had to beat Bondurant-Farrar in the opening round on Tuesday. The Cadet girls came back from nine points down in the first half to pull out a 51-40 win. Clutch shooting by Savannah Lentz and great heart and desire by the entire team proved to be the difference down the stretch. What a great experience for the team, coaches, fans, parents and all of Cadet Nation as we were able to celebrate such a great win. Once again, our fans outnumbered the opposition.
- Even though the season ended today with a loss to Unity Christian, this group has accomplished so much. Their standard of excellence should be motivation for many young Cadet girls basketball players to come. Thanks girls for such a memorable season and cherish the journey you all have shared!
- Crestwood Wrestling Banquet - The wrestling team will honor their athletes and the team's many accomplishments at their potluck banquet on Monday, March 17 - 6:00 start. Thanks to the Booster Club for providing drinks and scotcheroos.
What a winter sports season of 2013-14!!! I have been at Crestwood for over 25 years, and I can not recall a year where all three winter teams enjoyed the level of success that our wrestling team, our boys basketball team, and our girls basketball team experienced this year. In fact, it has been a great year for Cadet sports. When you have great kids, good coaches, and supportive fans as we do, many great things can happen. It has been a privilege to be associated with Cadet sports. And there is more to come...next week we transition to our spring sports. Hopefully, we can get some warm temps and get some of our glacier of snow to disappear. More on upcoming seasons in the next update...
As always...proud to be a Cadet! Thanks to Cadet Nation for your continued support!!!!