Athletic Director Jim Obermann
At least the extended forecast looks promising...as we try to transition into the outdoor spring sports, we find ourselves looking at the extended forecast for some hope. At this point April looks to at least be normal. We are all ready for some much needed warmth!
- Golf - The first boys golf meet of the year is scheduled for a week from this Friday at the Cresco Golf Course. For that to happen, we need a few outstanding days of weather...it doesn't look too promising, but we will hope. The girls are slated to start their competitive season on Monday, April 7th at the Cresco Golf Course...this meet may be in jeopardy as well.
- Track - The indoor season has come and gone for the most part. The girls squad competed this past Saturday and Tuesday. On Saturday, the girls were at Luther where there were unlimited entries. All of the Cadet girls received many opportunities. It was a rather long day, but it was a great opportunity to actually compete on a track. The girls were also able to compete against some talented big schools as there were teams in attendance from the tri-state region. TPD sports editor Nate Troy was in attendance and has a complete story in this week's edition. Both the boys and girls competed at the NEIC Indoor on Tuesday at Wartburg, and they took that final steps to get ready for the outdoor season. The NEIC is always a talented conference with talented teams, but the Cadets proved to themselves that they can compete. Coaches are doing a bit of experimenting at this point to see where best to utilize the talent on their teams. It will be interesting to see how the teams develop once on the outdoor tracks.
- The boys team is slated to start their outdoor season next Thursday at Waukon, track and field conditions pending.
- The girls team is slated to start their outdoor season next Friday at West Union, track and field conditions pending. (This meet was previously believed to be on Thursday, so this is a change.)
- Jr. High teams have begun practicing as well.
Hoping to see daffodils, robins, and all other signs of spring soon...Have a good weekend!!!!