Athletic Director Jim Obermann
Transition time for Crestwood athletics...With the winter sports seasons having come to a close, preparations for the spring sports have already begun. As I have mentioned in previous blogs, it was just a fabulous winter for our wrestling team, our girls basketball team, and our boys basketball team. It truly was a special winter of sports action at Crestwood, one that I will remember for a long time. And congratulations to all of the winter sport athletes receiving various post-season honors.
- Track practice has begun...Despite about two feet of snow still covering the track, both girls and boys teams have begun practice. Most of the work has been done so far in the fitness room, weight room, and gym. The kids have started to venture out on the streets, but coaches have been cautious not to have the athletes pound too much on the streets.
- The girls team opens the indoor season with a meet at Luther on Saturday, March 22.
- Both the girls and boys will be in action on Tuesday, March 25 at the NEIC Indoor Meet at Wartburg.
- Golf practice starts Monday...The golf teams will get into the swing of things on Monday with their first practices. The linksters will also have to begin with indoor workouts as they wait anxiously for the snow to disappear and the frost to leave the ground.
- Softball and baseball pitchers getting loose...Even though the summer seasons are still a ways off, pitchers and catchers are already building arm strength and accuracy through off-season throwing programs.
Home track meets are still a month away, but I am organizing workers lists for meets at this time. If anyone would be willing to help work track meets, please contact me. March Madness has begun and hopefully a good March thaw is coming very soon!