Athletic Director Jim Obermann
The Spring Events are underway... With the warmer temps this past week, the spring sporting events have begun. The boys and girls track teams had their first outdoor meets this week and the boys golf team has their first meet at the Cresco Golf Course today. The girls golf team has at least been on a course for practice so the "grass is looking greener" so to speak. The jr. high track teams are also just about 10 days away from their first meets. With all of the track teams on the track for practices, it has made a busy place but it is a good sight to see all the energy from the kids.
- The varsity boys track team competed at Osage this past Monday and finished 5th in the 8-team field with 60 pts. Osage was the team champion. There were several strong performances by the Cadets lead by 2nd place finishes by Tristen Girolomo in the high jump, Brandon Slifka in the discus, and Dalton Kerian in the 400 meters. Complete results can be found on the Osage High School website or in next week's TPD. And a special shout-out to Matthew Ferrie who competed in his first wheelchair events as a Cadet athlete. Matt competed in both the 100 and 200 meters!!
- The boys compete tonight at Waverly.
- The home boys invitational is this coming Tuesday, April 15 with a 4:30 start on the field events.
- The varsity girls track team competed at Postville this past Tuesday and finished 2nd in the 11-team field with 97 team points. Central of Elkader was the team champ. JV entrants were only allowed in the field events. The girls had a very strong showing with several 1st and 2nd place finishes and scored in every event except two. Kate Sheehy was a double winner in the 3000 and 1500 races, and she tied the school record in the 3000 run with a time of 10:59.80. Another first place finish was by the shuttle hurdle team of Sydney Ferrie, Kaylie Henry, Daron Wiltgen, and Kenedy Heimerdinger. The Cadets also finished 2nd in the Distance Medley, the 4 X 200 and the 4 X 400 races. Running strong in these relays were Miranda Kerian, Tessa Anderson, Emily Sickles, Megan Guyer, and Sydney Ferrie. Alexis Reicks also threw the discus very well as she placed 2nd.
- The JV and Varsity girls compete tonight at Decorah.
- Next week, the girls just compete at MFL on Thursday.
Busy times are ahead for the Crestwood spring athletes. Come join us at the many home track meets the next four weeks as we will be hosting three high school meets and three jr. high meets.