Special Events for the Week of May 5 - May 11, 2014
Monday: Competency Based Education Planning Meeting - Cresco
Wednesday: 3 Hour Early Out - Teacher Professional Development
Bus Evacuation Drills
Friday: JH/HS Student Services Meetings - 1:00 p.m.
Youth Frontiers Character Challenge of the Week
Crestwood High School students through NICC will have the opportunity starting this fall to gain CNC certification. This is a tremendous opportunity! Imagine starting a job right out of high school earning $60,000!
Fall of 2014
MFG:121 Blueprint Reading Course Open for any student 9-12
MFG:305 CNC Operations at NICC Center Open for any student 9-12
Spring of 2015
MFG:293, MFG:295,MFG:344,MFG:345, and MFG:346 (Pre-Req MFG:121 or MFG:126)
Students that have successfully completed MFG:121, MFG:293, MFG:295, MFG:344, MFG:345, and MFG:346 will receive a CNC operator certificate.
Crestwood FFA Ag Issues and Perceptions Team - #2 in the State!
Competency Based Education Plan
The CBE team met last week to develop the draft timeline and plan for implementation of Competency Based Education at Howard-Winneshiek.
- Competency Based Education pathways will be in place for the 2016-2017 school year for grades 7-12.
- Summer 2014
- Community Listening Posts - Felderman
- Site Council - in place
- Restorative Justice - in place
- Adjusting classes during 3 hour early out schedule - 1-4, 5-8 every other early out
- Student Led Conferences - phased in
- Learning Studios - during 3 Hour Early Outs
- Advisories - during 3 Hour Early Outs
- Review athletic eligibility requirements
- Determination of how to advance upon mastery of competencies
- Competency Recovery Plans
- Determine grade status
- 7 period day
- 5th period would be Advisory every day
- 1 Hour Early Out Schedule every Wednesday
- Competencies set for each department by end of the year
- Grades 7-12 Competencies in place
- No class periods - flexible scheduling
- Common planning time