Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Terese Jurgensen - 11/25/14

    



Terese Jurgensen (Mrs. J.)
Principal 2-6; 
Director of Special Education
tjurgensen@howard-winn.k12.ia.us          

Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving!  The word itself brings smiles to our faces. Good food, good friends and good times spent with those we love! As for me, I am thankful for the Howard-Winneshiek Community Schools, students, staff and families for welcoming me here as a part of our amazing school district!
  
Over the last few days, I have been asking our students what they are thankful for. There were so many great responses, that I felt it would be fitting to share them with all of you. I wish I would have written down all of the student's names, but even without them, it is my wish that it will be a blessing to you, the reader.
  • I am thankful for all of the good food I will share with my family!
  • I am thankful for my new puppy!
  • I am thankful for my teacher!
  • I am thankful that I have a new set of boots!
  • I am thankful for my mommy who is healthy now!
  • I am thankful for good books to read!
  • I am thankful for recess!
  • I am thankful for turkey!


Elementary Weekly Announcements:
Starting the week of December 1st, we will be creating and sending weekly announcements to all staff members to share with their students.  Our first one shown here, was created by four Lime Springs 4th graders. This video will be shared out to staff members, so they can share it with their students at their discretion!  We would not interrupt our student academic instruction. The students came up with the messages they share.  They were awesome, and I am so thankful for each one of them!


Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment