Friday, October 30, 2015

October 31, 2015 - Crestwood Secondary


Crestwood Secondary Schools (7-12)
http://www.howard-winn.k12.ia.us/crestwood-junior-high 

Chris Rogne, Principal
crogne@howard-winn.k12.ia.us
office: 563-547-2764
Twitter: @chris_rogne



Events for the Week of November 2nd - November 6th


                     
Monday, November 2nd:     
6:00              Cross Country Awards Pot-luck at CJH                    

Tuesday, November 3rd:     

2:15              1 hour early dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
3:30 - 7:30    Student Led Parent/Teacher Conferences                     
Wednesday, November 4th:
7:30 AM        Secondary Building Leadership Team Meeting

Thursday, November 5th:   

2:15              1 hour early dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
3:30 - 7:30    Student Led Parent/Teacher Conferences   
4:15              Home 8th grade girls BB vs. Waukon
4:15              7th grade girls BB @ Waukon                  


Friday, November 6th:
                     No School
  



Nation Honor Society
On Monday, November 16th at 7:00 Crestwood High School will induct the newest members to the Nation Honor Society. Wendy Mihm-Herold, Ph.D., Vice President of Business and Community Solutions at Northeast Iowa Community College will be the speaker for the ceremony.
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1921.
Today, it is estimated that more than one million students participate in NHS activities. NHS chapters are found in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, many U.S. territories, and Canada. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments, but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
Four main purposes have guided chapters of NHS from the beginning: to create enthusiasm for scholarship; to stimulate a desire to render service; to promote leadership; and to develop character in the students of secondary schools. These purposes also translate into the criteria used for membership selection in each local chapter.
#cadetnation Friday
Reminder: #cadetnation Fridays are the first Friday of every month. This is a way to show your Cadet spirit. Remember to wear your #cadetnation t-shirt on the first Friday of the month.  Since we don't have school on Friday, wear your cadet nation shirt on Thursday, November 5th.

If you don't have a #cadetnation t-shirt or it is in the laundry, wear another cadet shirt or just wear blue that day. 




Meet Mrs. Elliott

What grade levels and subjects do you teach?     
I teach 7th grade science and STEM at the Junior High.


How many years have you been an educator? How many years at Howard-Winn?

This is my 9th year at Howard-Winn and in education.

Where did you attend college?
I graduated from Luther College with a degree in Elementary Education and a middle school endorsement with a concentration in science. 

Was there a particular event or person that inspired you to become an educator?

I had a middle school math teacher that got me to raise my hand in class by slipping me some candy. School was much easier for me once I started asking questions and volunteering. When I later had her as an instructor at NICC I realized the impact she had on me. I then decided I wanted to become a teacher and do the same for other kids. 

What is your favorite thing about Howard-Winn? 
I think the staff is my favorite thing about Howard-Winn. Everyone is so respectful and kind, they can make a bad day much better. 

More about Mrs. Elliott: 
In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family. I have two step kids, Isabelle is 9 and Jameson is 4. My husband and I had Claire in April 2015. I also enjoy biking, running, and exploring new places. 


Last Week in Pictures...





No comments:

Post a Comment