You have to LOVE this student "workspace". One of the things we have learned is that for some students sitting still in a desk is almost impossible. I know for myself that staying focused while sitting for long period of time puts me to sleep!
So in many classrooms, flexible furniture/space is provided for learning. This "desk" in Mrs. Wilson's room allows the student to stand as opposed to sitting. Note her left foot on the "kick stand". Mrs. Wilson has shared this silent foot swing moves back and forth and addresses the "wiggle" factor. Physical space enhances creativity and imagination! CADET NATION: FORWARD!
HELP! Junior High Football Chain Crew Needed
The call is out for volunteers to work the "Chain Gang" for home Junior High football games. Games begin at 4:15
Home dates needed:
Thursday, September 8--8th grade
Tuesday, September 1--7th grade
Tuesday, September 2--8th grade
Thursday, September 29--7th grade
Tuesday, October 4--8th grade
Tuesday, October 11--7th grade
Janice in the Crestwood High School office at 563.547.2764 or by email at email@example.com or John Carver at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell at 515.229.6917
Learning at Howard-Winn last week looked like......
2016 Fall Event Manager
Say HELLO to Fall Events Manger Kelly O'Donnell. Mr. O'Donnell is a 1991 Crestwood graduate and has extensive background in activity management.
In addition to serving this fall at Howard-Winn, Mr. O'Donnell is also an agent with O'Donnell Cresco-Riceville Insurance.
Kelly is coordinating Junior High and High School Volleyball, Football, and Cross country.
Be sure to say hello to Kelly as you see him at events!
Once a CADET..........
21st century learning happens when kids can connect, collaborate and create!
At Howard-Winn technology is seamlessly embedded, not just in a "class" or "grade level"!
- All the BEST to our CROSS COUNTRY TEAM with 50+ team members this year! Run FAST, Run HARD Run FAR! Individual race champs at the Charles City meet were Nathan Martinek and Ellie Friesen. Michael Mashek was a runner-up, and Hope Dohlman was third. Other medalists were Mattie Slavin, Sarah Mashek, Rachel Steffen, Libby Labosky, Kaden Anderlik, Blake Murphy, Bryden Juelsgaard, Lucas McGee, Harry Kitchen, Emily Friesen, Sami Bigalk, Madison Fitzgerald, Dylan Johnson, Joey Labosky, and Ryan Steffen. The Cadets next compete at Waverly.
- WOW! CADET VOLLEYBALL is nothing less than EXCITING! Good Luck to Coach Suckow and the TEAM!
- CADET FOOTBALL is on the move! 4 home dates this year with Homecoming on September 23 against Osage.
- CADET CHEERLEADERS ROCK! Poised young ladies with unlimited energy!
- Excitement is building for the MARCHING CADETS and their 2016 half-time show!
- Best of luck to our SWIMMING CADETS as they compete with the Decorah Swim TEAM!